Saturday, December 6, 2008

JYC Dec 6th

December 6th Mixed Memories
Two memories of Christmas past, one almost perfect and the other not so perfect is today’s prompt.
One really good memory I have of Christmas is the year that Kurt and I were engaged and planning our wedding. I ordered the NATA certification plaque for Kurt for his Christmas present. It came wrapped in 4 different layers. I opened the package and wrapped the plaque then put the first layer of packaging back on then wrapped it. I continued in this way until I had 8 different layers of wrapping around it. I really had fun watching Kurt open this gift. Another gift that I had fun with was a pair of gloves for Kurt. I wrapped up one glove and gave it to him at my parent’s house and the other glove at his sister’s house. His nephew was only about two years old at the time and was really worried about the fact that there was only one glove instead of two. I am having a difficult time trying to recall a really bad Christmas, but I can’t seem to do it. There have been a couple of years when we just didn’t have much money and it was hard to buy the gifts we wanted. In many cases we made do with what we have. There have also been a few times when I received a gift that I really didn’t want or was disappointed in, but it is important to remember that it is the gift that counts.

No comments: