Monday, December 1, 2008

JYC Dec 1st



Journal Your Christmas:

I have signed up for a very special online course. This class is called Journal Your Christmas. Every day from December 1st until Jan 6th we will receive a prompt. The goal is to write about that prompt every day. I also plan on turning each day's journal entry into a scrapbook page. My plan is to spend about 15 minutes every night writing about that day's prompt and then spend time on the weekends or when there is nothing going on at night to create my pages. Hopefully I will be able to keep up with this project of mine and will have a wonderful journal at the end of the course documenting our Christmas 2008 along with past traditions and maybe even some future goals. I will post my journal entry to this blog every night and then will post my scrapbook pages to my crafty blog as I get them done. Please feel free to leave comments regarding this project on either blog.

December 1st Manifesto
Even though Christmas is my favorite time of the year, I have found myself becoming more and more stressed with all of the stuff that needs to be done each year. School Christmas programs, band concerts, chorus concerts, dance rehearsals and recitals, decorating; baking, buying the perfect Christmas present have all taken the joy away from the season. I have decided to try and recapture some of that joy of the original Christmas so many years ago. By spending a few minutes every evening journaling a bit about my Christmas past, present and future, and then turning that journaling into a scrapbook I hope to reclaim Christmas for what it needs to be.

1 comment:

Guinevere said...

Looking forward to seeing your pages.