Thursday, December 25, 2008

JYC Dec 25th






December 25th Christmas Day
What a peaceful start to the day. It hasn’t always been like this however. Woke up around 6:20 and went out to the living room and sat with just the tree lights on. How restful. I decided to take a couple of pictures of the after effects from last night. In a little bit the rest of the crew woke up. Kurt and Sarah got ready for church. Kristen and I stayed at home and cleaned up the mess from the night before. We also cleaned up the kitchen and made breakfast. Kristen whipped up the coffee cake while I fried potatoes, bacon and sausage. Sarah called when she and Kurt were leaving church so that I could scramble up the eggs. We enjoyed eating breakfast together and watching the rest of the Disney Parade. (I almost forgot about it this year) We spent the rest of the morning watching Kristen’s new movie Matilda. Sarah loves this movie also, which is why I think she bought it for Kristen. Of course Kurt had to take his traditional Christmas Day nap. In the afternoon we watched Sarah’s new movie Mamma Mia. The girls danced to the show a couple of years ago. In between movies the girls spent time cleaning their rooms so that new gifts could find their new homes. Left for Jean and Marv’s around 4:00. We ate supper around 5:30, Turkey, ham, rolls, and mashed potatoes with gravy, stuffing, cauliflower & broccoli with cheese sauce, corn, jello jigglers, deviled eggs, and a fruit salad. After getting everything cleaned up we opened presents. Since I have known Kurt, his older sister Jean has always passed out the presents. Today as we sat down, she asked Sarah to hand out the gifts. Sarah was a little surprised to be awarded such an honor. Kristen received clothes. She was thrilled with each of the outfits from her aunts and uncles, from her oldest cousin she received some bath stuff, and she also received a butterfly watch from Aunt Jean. Sarah choose to enter the draw this year. Mary Kay had her name and purchased stuff from Bath and Body Works. She was thrilled. Jean had my name and gave me the movie Wall*E and a gift certificate to CJ Banks. Dean had drawn Kurt’s name and gave him two movies, Spiderman 3 and Fantastic 4. I think that everyone’s favorite part of Christmas this year was little Allison. She is Justin and Rachel’s first child and is 3 ½ months old. When I was a kid, my great aunts and uncles all seemed old. Now Kurt and I are great aunts and uncles, but I don’t feel that old. Kurt and the girls both took turns holding Allison, but I choose not to since I have been fighting a cold. Didn’t want to take a chance on getting her sick.

1 comment:

Penny Smith said...

Looks like you had a great Christmas! Cute baby! :)
Hope your New Year is just as bright! :)

I LOVE nothing but the Christmas lights on, and when everyone is asleep... we need to scrap that! :)