Tuesday, December 2, 2008

JYC Dec 2nd


December 2nd Weather
Oh the weather outside is frightful, but the fire is so delightful. When I was a kid, it seems like the weather was always cold and snowy. One year, I was in high school I believe, a big snow storm hit Christmas Eve. We didn’t make it into church that night and the next morning my Grandma Steinhagen called to tell us not to come out because it was snowy so bad and the roads were closed. At least a foot of snow on was on the road. Christmas just didn’t feel right that year. Then around 1:30/2:00 Grandma called, the plows were coming through we could come out. It didn’t take us long to get everything gathered together and into the car. 45 minutes later we were arriving at the farm. Christmas was saved. Any more it seems like we do get snow most years, but usually it is just enough to cover the ground. We haven’t had a good snow fall before Christmas for a while now. Some years it is even brown.
As I am writing this we currently have a temp of 310 F. My computer keeps thundering at me, to let me know that there is a winter weather advisory for tomorrow. We are supposed to get between 2-5 inches during the day. If we get that much snow driving home after school will be fun.
I will say that the weather this year has been somewhat different. The snow flurries started October 24th already, the first time the snow stuck however was this past weekend November 30-December 1st. Even then most of the snow melted.

No comments: