Tuesday, December 23, 2008

JYC Dec 23rd

December 23rd The Stockings were hung by the chimney with care…
I really miss having a chimney to hang the stockings by. When we were kids we would carefully hang our stockings above the fireplace (no mantel). The girls have stockings that were made by their step grandmother Roberta when Kristen was a baby. Kurt has a Ram’s one that I picked up and then he purchased a snowman stocking for me. Last year my MFL Secret Pal sent me 4 Disney Stockings 2 with Minnie and Mickey and 2 with Pooh on them and then this year my Secret Pal sent me a really nice red stocking with Mickey and Minnie on the front dancing and my name embroidered on it. The girls stockings are hung on the piano. Kurt’s stocking is also hanging from the piano. He has a Batman hanger that I also picked up for him. My stockings are strung on a piece of twine and hung from the top of the entertainment center. As kids I remember getting a tangerine in the toe of my stocking. To this day, I love tangerines, but think of them as a Christmas treat. When packing the stockings for my family, I always try to include an ornament or two, plus some candy. There is usually something else but it depends on what I find that will fit.

No comments: