Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Week 2: What do you want to be

2. What did you want to be when you grew up.
Now this is an easy week. I have wanted to teach all of my life. As long as I can remember I have dreamed about teaching. I used to play school when I was really little. My grandmother taught in a one room school and was so proud of the fact that I wanted to teach also. I choose to attend the University of Northern Iowa, since it had a great reputation as a teacher’s college. In fact the school originally started as the Iowa State Teachers College and grew from there. I have taught high school English and Health, preschool and now high school alternative and at-risk. I would have to say that all levels have their separate challenges and rewards. The key is finding the type of student that you want to work with and then following through.

No comments: