Sunday, September 14, 2008

Reading Adventures

Today was the annual Reading Adventures. I have been taking the girls since they were very little. Sarah has grown up and no longer goes, but Kristen still loves to go. Today even though the weather was cool and rainy, we left right after church to head down. I received a call from a good friend on the way down who wanted to meet up for lunch and then take all 3 kids to Reading Adventures. We haven't seen these friends since May when Sarah was confirmed. They moved away not quite a year ago and the kids really miss each other. Her 2 kids were thrilled to see Kristen again. Any way despite the rain and cool weather, we had a great time. Kristen picked out a book from the Disney Fairies Series. She also choose a Scottish troll doll. The kids made Dinosaur crafts and rode on a hayride. We didn't do the blow up things, because one of the other kids had just broken her arm and because of all of the mud. I hadn't planned on letting Kristen do these this year as I didn't want muddy wet socks coming home. After leaving the fairgrounds, Kristen and I headed to Sam's Club to pick my card and then a few snack items for the family. All in all a good girl bonding day.
Sorry no pictures, for some reason I forgot to grab my camera, and I always have it with me.

No comments: