Sunday, July 17, 2011

A late 5QF, but so busy with the fair

So I have been so busy with the fair this week and prep stuff for the fair, that I am off by 2 days.  This years fair has been so full of ups and downs.  Good things happen only to get disappointed with something else, or thanks to all of us being ill we ended up forgetting important things like judges comment sheets.  However, there have been a few good things as well, including a surprise award this morning. I will post more about it tonight or tomorrow along with the pictures from the fair.  Another thing that happened at the fair is that I finally upgraded the phone plan so I know have a smart phone.  Still trying to learn how to use it however.  Haven't got it all figured out yet.

Well on to this weeks questions
1. If you knew your best friend's spouse was cheating on her or him, would you tell her (him)?


Good question.  Since I have never been in this situation it is hard to tell what I would do.  I do have a friend whose husband was cheating on her and then got the other person pregnant so I know how bad that hurt her.  I guess I would hope that I would tell this person, but also be able to find a way to do it as gently as possible.
2. Soda in a can or a bottle?

I will take my pop any way that I can get it, however, I have really been trying to cut down on the amount of pop I drink and instead drink more water.  Sometimes however (like at the county fair where there is a heat advisory) it is really difficult to do.  I do kind of miss the old glass bottles that pop came in, compared to the new plastic versions.
3. What do you wash first, hair or body?

I start first with my body, then move to my face and finally my hair. 
4. What advice would you give to any new mama?

First off, don't worry about the house, sleep when the baby sleeps and second, do not make night time changes and feedings a fun time.  Keep the house quiet, be very business like with the little one.  He or she will soon learn that it is more fun to be awake during the day and sleep during the night.  Also, don't bring the baby into bed with you no matter how easy it is. 

5. What is your best hangover remedy?

No idea, never been drunk or in need of one, but I have heard that coffee works.  And I will never forget watching the old Little House on the Prairie movie, where Pa keeps dunking Mr. Edwards in the water to bring him out of it. 

No comments: