Saturday, October 13, 2007

10-20-30 or I have been tagged.

My cousin's wife Jessica, just tagged me. I have to tell what I was doing 10, 20, and 30 years ago. Lets see how good my memory is.

10 years ago: 1997 My oldest daughter would have been 4 at the time, so I was teaching preschool, at Wee School for Little People. I had just discovered scrapbooking about 6 months earlier, so I was also trying to make a go of being a Creative Memories consultant. I also was working part time for Northwest Fabric and Crafts. Boy do I miss that store. At this point in time there were no pets in our life.

20 years ago. 1987 Believe it or not, I hadn't met Kurt yet. This was my 5th year in college. I was the head student trainer for the Women's Volleyball team. What a fun experience. As the volleyball student trainer, I was located in a gym across campus from the main gym, so was basically on my own. We traveled to Duke for a volleyball tournament. Some of the other girls wanted to go to a different place to eat about an hour from where we were staying. The coach would only let them go if I drove. It was fun being given so much responsibility. This was the first time that the volleyball team made it to the NCAA post season tournament. I was able to travel with the team and was as surprised as all to find a single rose waiting for me in the hotel room from the University president. The school also hosted the USA women's olympic team and the Japan women's team. I was privilaged to watch both teams practice. Man could player's jump. There must have been at least 3-4 feet between the floor and their feet. The football team at UNI was also having it's best season, so I was expected to assist with that when the volleyball team was not busy. We missed the championship game by 1 point. I can still remember the play that ended the game. I lived off campus during that school year, and met Kurt several months later while student teaching.

30 years ago: 1977 I was in 7th grade. Boy that seems like a long time ago. I had just started junior high. I played the clarinet in band. I don't remembe exactly when during this time, but sometime during my 7th grade year, we switched churches from Assembly of God in LeClaire to Pleasant View Baptist in Pleasant Valley. It was a good move. At the church in LeClaire I was the only one in the junior/senior high youth group. At Pleasant View there were many kids involved who were active in the youth group. I was able to join and made many friend. During this time I was also active in 4-H, LeClaire Boosters Sr. Of course 4-H took up a lot of my time as I carried many different projects. I believe that during this time I also began to babysit. What a grown up feeling to be able to earn my own spending money.

I guess that this is some kind of experiment to see how far blogging travels, so I need to link back to the original post http://www.relevantblog.blogspot.com/
I also need to tag a few others, however most of the blogs I read are businesses, so if you happen to read my blog and see this, please consider yourself tagged. And hey, if you are reading my blog and I don't know about it, feel free to let me know.

No comments: