Saturday, October 13, 2007

A beautiful fall day





Today had all of the promise of being a wonderful relaxing day. We were able to sleep in a little bit for the first time in many weeks. After getting up and ready, we took Sarah for her driver's test. Don't worry, the roads will be safe for a couple more days. She didn't pass, but understands what she did wrong on the written test and is eager to go back Tuesday after school for another try. To take her mind off of failing the test, the girls and I ran over to Fulton's Heritage Canyon for their fall festival. What a fun time. We were able to tour several older buildings including a log cabin, small church, one room school house, doctor's office, blacksmith shop and a general store. We also were able to walk across a swinging bridge, walk through a covered bridge and see a mill. Kristen has never been there, but I have taken Sarah before. She claims that she doesn't remember going. The weather was just perfect, we were able to try some different apple deserts and of course I was able to take a ton of pictures. Fall is my favorite season and I love the colors but have never had anything to scrap using the fall theme before. Afterwards we met Dad at Pizza Ranch for lunch. That was what Sarah requested for her birthday. The rest of the day the girls and I spent at home. Sarah watched a new movie that she had gotten for her birthday and I was able to work on my layout for a swap that I am in. I am almost finished but have a little way to go. Late afternoon, Kurt and Sarah were surprised by the appearance of Kurt's manager for football. He stopped by with a huge bag of munchies for Kurt, with go Rams written on it, and for Sarah a wonderful snack basket full of popcorn, pop, and movie candy. She was thrilled. If only we could manage to schedule at least one Saturday a month like this. No running, no deadlines, just able to spend some time enjoying each other's company.

I have tried 5 times to get the pictures the way I want them, so this will have to do for now. Will try again another time.

No comments: