Friday, June 17, 2011

5QF 6-17-11

Before I start with today's post, a simple shout out to my Husband of 22 years.  Thanks for the past 22 years.

Now on to the topic at hand


1. What is your favorite summer time activity? 
 I guess I would have to say county fair and when we can make it The Iowa State Fair.  I have been going to the county fair since I was a little tyke, then became involved in 4-H which meant going to the fair for the full 10 days.  Now my girls are involved in 4-H, I am a leader, and am also on the Creative Arts committee.

2. Do you have one laundry soap you stick to, or do you buy whatever's on sale?
My husband does the laundry and he likes Era, so that is what I stick with.

3. What is your favorite dinner to make in the summer?
My girls say it needs to be fajitas.  When I make them I prepare both steak and chicken, plus a vegie side that includes sweet peppers (as many different colors as I can get), onions, and tomatoes.  My youngest surprised us and loves just having the vegetable fajita.  I would say anything that is done on the grill so it doesn't heat up the house.

4. Do you have any talents?
I use to play the clarinet and alto clarinet in band.  Now my oldest plays my clarinet.  I enjoy sewing, but wouldn't say that I am an expert at it.

5. If you could instantly be an expert in something, what would it be? Why?
Since I teach high school and have a high school student in my house, but a middle school student in my house, I would say that I would love to be an expert on dealing with teenagers.

No comments: